Search Engine Optimisation
According to Wikipedia, SEO is -
"the process of affecting the online visibility of a website or a web page in a web search engine's unpaid results".
In other words, everything that can be included, excluded or optimised to make Google love your site and show it as high as possible in the organic (not paid for) search results section.
There are many facets to SEO including, but limited to:
- Technical (site based) optimisation - Checking metadata, title types, sitemaps and more.
- Keyword analysis - Ensuring the text on your pages is written to show in a Google search for people looking for products or services like yours.
- Backlink creation - Getting links to your site from other websites (the more authoritative, the better).
- And even "black hat" SEO - I do NOT do this as it is cheating Google and Google will recognise this and penalise your website by placing it so low down the search results pages as it will never be found!
What I do for you as part of creating your new website.
Although I offer a full SEO service, the majority of the work is based on the website. It is this SEO work that I include in my website creation price such as:
- The site is tested against Googles page speed test.
- Every page is written with specific keywords and phrases in mind.
- The whole site is put through a commercial grade SEO check to confirm it is fully compliant.
- All images are optimised for speedy downloading.
- A commercial SEO plug-in is included free.
- The final site is tested with two independent speed checks to ensure all aspects are optimised.
The End Result.
After all of the optimising, analysis, checking and testing your website will be perfectly setup for Google to index, add to its database and then display exactly where it is needed - in front of you potential customers.
BUT, this will not happen overnight, an may never happen.
First of all, it takes time for Google to test that your website is better than your competition and put it above the established top pages.
And secondly, if your competitor has a good site, with plenty of pages and information, your new website will need to be better than theirs and that includes the quality and quantity of pages. If they have 20 pages of information and you only budget for 5, no matter how good those pages are, your new website is unlikely to take the top spot so you have to have realistic expectations of what your new site is capable of doing.
Get in touch for a chat about your new website ...
Already have a website? Is it performing as you hoped?
If you already have a website and are concerned that it is not performing as well as you think it should I can provide a FREE SEO audit to identify and explain any potential issues.
You can find out more about this service on my additional services page here - SEO Services.